1) What noise annoys an oyster most?
A noisy noise annoys an oyster most.
2) A rough-coated, dough-faced, thoughtful ploughman strode through the streets of Scarborough; after falling into a slough, he coughed and hiccoughed.
3) A twister of twists once twisted a twist.
and the twist that he twisted was a three twisted twist.
now in twisting this twist, if a twist should untwist,
would the twist that untwisted untwist the twists.
4) Red lolly, yellow lolly.
5) I am a mother pheasant plucker,
I pluck mother pheasants.
I am the best mother pheasant plucker,
that ever plucked a mother pheasant!
6) Whenever the weather is cold.
Whenever the weather is hot.
We'll weather the weather,
whatever the weather,
whether we like it or not.
7) If you stick a stock of liquor in your locker
it is slick to stick a lock upon your stock
or some joker who is slicker
is going to trick you of your liquor
if you fail to lock your liquor with a lock.
8) Can you imagine an imaginary menagerie manager
imagining managing an imaginary menagerie?
9) Sister Suzie sewing shirts for soldiers
Such skill as sewing shirts
Our shy young sister Suzie shows
Some soldiers send epistles
Say they'd rather sleep in thistles
Than the saucy, soft short shirts for soldiers Sister Suzie sews.
10) Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers.
A peck of pickled peppers Peter Piper picked.
If Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers,
Where's the peck of pickled peppers Peter Piper picked?
11) Richard's wretched ratchet wrench.
Rubber baby buggy bumpers.
12) Betty Botter bought some butter but, said she, the butter's bitter.
If I put it in my batter, it will make my batter bitter.
But a bit of better butter will make my bitter batter better.
So she bought some better butter, better than the bitter butter,
put it in her bitter batter, made her bitter batter better.
So 'twas better Betty Botter bought some better butter.
13) If two witches would watch two watches, which witch would watch which watch?
14) How much wood could a woodchuck chuck
if a wooodchuck could chuck wood?
A woodchuck could chuck as much wood
as a woodchuck would chuck
if a woodchuck could chuck wood.
15) I thought a thought. But the thought I thought wasn't the thought
I thought I thought.
If the thought I thought I thought had been the thought I thought,
I wouldn't have thought so much.
16) To begin to toboggan first, buy a toboggan.
But do not buy too big a toboggan!
Too big a toboggan is too big a toboggan to buy to begin to toboggan.
17) How many cans can a canner can if a canner can can cans?
A canner can can as many cans as a canner can if a canner can can cans.
18) A big black bug bit a big black dog on his big black nose!
19) She sells seashells by the seashore. The shells she sells are surely seashells. So if she sells shells on the seashore, I'm sure she sells seashore shells.
20) Who washed Washington's white woolen underwear when Washington's washer woman went west?